Opportunity Research Scholars Program (ORS) is an application-only program for ECE undergraduate students.
Eligibility to Apply
- Undergraduate electrical engineering or computer engineering majors
- Undergraduates who are motivated to conduct research
- Students in good academic standing
- Students who commit to a minimum of one program year, two consecutive semesters (fall to spring)
- Priority given to students who are sophomores and juniors
- Note: Coop students are not eligible due to the required one-year commitment
What are the Requirements?
- Conduct research for about 8 hours per week during school semesters
- Commit to the research project for a minimum of 1 program year (fall to spring, consecutive semesters)
- Communicate promptly with team members and ORS staff
- Adhere to deadlines for team projects and deliverables
- Attend required workshops
When to Apply
ORS beings each fall semester. Applications are accepted beginning in April of each year.
During the first week of school fall semester and mid-spring semester, information sessions are held and eligible students are invited to apply.
How to Apply
Applications are available in Van Leer, #470.
Applications are also available at the information sessions.