The Opportunity Research Scholars’ Program (ORS) is an innovative undergraduate research program designed to enhance and expand the academic experience of ECE majors to help them reach their full potential. As an enrichment program, ORS helps students to see beyond the rigors of the academic curriculum and understand the possible applications of the concepts they learn in the classroom.
Why Students Join ORS
- ORS students work on a research project for two-consecutive semesters supervised by a graduate mentor and faculty advisor
- Students work on teams of 3-4 undergraduates
- A graduate mentor leads the team and meets with students on a regular basis
- ORS students attend research workshops and professional enrichment activities throughout the year
- No prior experience is required
Interested in joining ORS? Join us for an Info session!
ORS is dedicated to ensuring students are able to effectively communicate their ideas as engineers and researchers to a variety of audiences. The program consistently works jointly with the Undergraduate Professional Communication Program (UPCP) in ECE to design workshops and materials to strengthen technical communication skills. Click here to learn more about the UPCP.
Assignment to be submitted by 11:59 PM on October 6 as per instructions.
Research Presentation Slides to be submitted by each team by 11:59 PM on October 20 as per instructions.