What is ORS?
The Opportunity Research Scholars’ Program (ORS) is an innovative undergraduate research program designed to enhance and expand the academic experience of undergraduate students majoring in ECE.
- ORS scholars work on a research project for two-consecutive semesters supervised by a PhD mentor and faculty advisor
- Scholars work as teams of 3-4 undergraduates
- A PhD mentor leads the team and meets with scholars on a regular basis
- ORS scholars attend research workshops and professional enrichment activities throughout the year
- No prior experience is required
What do students gain from ORS?
- Hands-on research experience
- Skill-building opportunities including technical writing and public speaking
- Social and community building within the ORS program
- Networking events with ORS industry sponsors
- Exposure to many of the technical interest areas within the field of electrical and computer engineering
- Scholars receive credit or pay for conducting research