Undergraduate ECE students interested in ORS for 2024-25 may apply in spring 2024. You can apply to ORS and receive pay or credit.
Admission for ORS 2023-24 is closed. To apply to ORS for 2024-25, stay tuned for info sessions to be held in spring 2024.
How Do I Apply to ORS?
- In order to apply to ORS for 2024-25, attend one of the in-person Info Sessions that will be held in spring 2024.
- At the info session, we will provide an overview of ORS and answer any questions. Application forms will be provided to the attendees.
- Upon evaluation of your submitted application, there will be a second round of screening where we may schedule an in-person interview with you.
We encourage you to apply early and will consider applications on a rolling basis.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Undergraduate electrical engineering or computer engineering majors who:
- Are motivated to conduct research.
- In good academic standing.
- Commit to a minimum of one program year, two consecutive semesters (fall to spring).
- Applications are accepted every spring for the following academic year.
- ECE majors are eligible to apply starting spring semester of their freshmen year.
What type of events and workshops are organized for ORS students?
- Research Skills Workshops
- Professional Communication Workshops
- Career Events & Networking with Industry Partners
- Conference and Research Presentations
- Graduate School Information
- Community Outreach
Note: Co-op students are not eligible due to the required one-year commitment
If you are unsure whether you are eligible to apply, or if you satisfy the eligibility criteria but missed the info sessions, please feel free to contact us.