What is ORS?
The Opportunity Research Scholars’ Program (ORS) is an innovative undergraduate research program designed to enhance and expand the academic experience of undergraduate students. Here are details:
- ORS students work on a research project for two-consecutive semesters supervised by a PhD mentor and faculty advisor
- Students earn credit or pay for conducting research (pay opportunities are subject to restrictions)
- Students work on teams of 3-4 undergraduates in an assigned lab
- A PhD mentor leads the team and meets with students on a regular basis
- ORS students attend research workshops and professional enrichment activities throughout the year
What do students gain from ORS?
- Hands-on research experience
- Skill-building opportunities including technical writing and public speaking
- Social and community building within the ORS program
- Networking events with ORS industry sponsors
- Exposure to many of the technical interest areas within the field of electrical and computer engineering
- Scholars receive credit or pay for conducting research